Thursday 6 August 2009

Oooooooo That Smell!

Ohhhh yeah, love a bit of old school rock n roll. I'm just gonna post the link to the youtube vid for this one, rather than embedding it, mostly because the youtube windows look a bit ugly - i only want pretty pictures in my blog!

That Smell, Lynyrd Skynyrd

So yeah, THAT SMELL, and oh, what a smell.

I am referring to my new favourite shower gel, which smells fan-bleedin'-tastic.

And it is...

NIVEA WATER LILY AND OIL shower gel.

Photobucket

As you can see I've used quite a lot of it!

Nivea describes it as having a 'light, feminine scent of water lily', which pretty much sums it up IMO. It really is very light and fresh, and if you like floral scents then you will love this. It's quite similar to Dior J'Adore perfume, which I also own and love. I find it very feminine but not girly, if you know what I mean. For me, it conjures up images of a bright and airy country cottage with fresh flowers scenting every room, a lady dancing in a meadow with swathes of soft cotton and lace floating behind her, a gently trickling stream running through the hilltops on a warm sparkly day. Haha yeah I'm getting down with my poetic self.

But, ladies and gents, the captivating scent is not the only selling point here. I have crazy sensitive skin, and this stuff doesn't irritate in the slightest. It is so gentle I can use it all over (often I cant use shower gels on my arms and legs because they make me itch). It contains 'melting oil pearls' which kind of burst as you lather up on your skin, releasing the skin smoothing oils. Despite containing said oils, it doesn't leave you with an oily residue once you've rinsed off, which is defo a bonus, especially for me because this is another thing that can often make me itch.

So in a nutshell, I LOVE this gem of a shower gel. It's moisturising, gentle, and smells fab. And when I run out I shall trundle down to the shop to repurchase as fast as my little (ok quite long) legs can carry me.

xxx

1 comment: