Monday 3 August 2009

Facing my fears...

The idea of leaving my house without a scrap of makeup on my face fills me with a feeling of stone cold dread in the depths of my innards - I'm sure some of you fellow beauty geeks can relate. Makeup is my security blanket, my shield against the big bad world. It allows me to change my facade with the flick of a brush - if I want to be natural and understated, no problemo... if I fancy being bright, garish and horrendously OTT (which, to be frank, I quite often do), well, easy peezy lemon squeezy. I would be much more comfortable painting my eyes with an entire array of neons, or daubing my lips with the brightest, vampest blood red lipstick in existence, than allowing the world to see my squeeky clean, makeupless face.

But last week I came to thinking... how awesomely liberating would it be to just be able to go out whenever I wanted without having to delay by 20 mins while I secure my mask for the day. If I could only conquer this fear, I could go wherever I want, whenever I want with my nudey face, without a constant nagging thought of "please don't look at me, please don't look at me, I know I look crap, just PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT ME!!"

So, in an attempt to rid myself of this actually somewhat debilitating fear, I hereby declare that all this week (well, until Friday, because I think I'm going out drinking/clubbing on Friday, and that is just a step too far) I shall be wearing absolutely NOTHING on my face, no matter where I go or who I am going to see. (Ooooohhh why have I committed to this, it's so very scary!)
I'll let you know how it's going as the week progresses - I'm kinda hoping it works miracles with my skin too!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...
Ladies and gentlemen, on day 1 (I did it yesterday too but I didn't leave the house so it doesn't entirely count!), I present to you, MADDIE'S NAKED FAAAAAACE........
(Please be nice, this is very scary!)

3 comments:

  1. this is so weird! i woke up today and my dad said that my face needed to breath more and i should lay off the makeup...so ive decided to start...Project Perfect Skin :) read my blog later when i do the post.
    i think you are very brave doing this and i am exacly the same as you when it comes to going out without makeup on! the whole thing just makes me feel ill. you look beaut without makeup! you have no blemishes:)X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Girl! I think you're very brave and I hope that this will empower you to truly love your natural beautiful self. I think you look beautiful without make up...I believe that make up is there to enhance your features. Beauty should be based on a person's personality. We live in a very shallow world and I love people who can say "sod it!" lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww thank you for the kind words ladies :)
    @beth yay that you're doing a similar thing at the same time. great minds...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete