Monday 27 July 2009

Shabby Chic Appreciation

I love the vintagey, homemade, girly, pretty frilliness of 'shabby chic'. It translates so well to fashion, interiors, craft... When I have my own place this is the sort of style I'd like to decorate in, albeit a more minimalistic interpretation of it than is typical. This is of course assuming I don't have a bloke tagging along - I'm not sure how much he'd approve of the overt femininity of shabby chic!. The floaty cotton and girly lace fabrics, slightly distressed paintwork and vintage furniture marry so nicely with the typical soft colours of this style - off-whites and creams with dusty pinks, cornflower blues and soft lilacs. The feelings this style evokes are all good ones for me - all soft and contented, and happily feminine! So here lies a post dedicated entirely to its charm.
Pictures found on photobucket.com





No comments:

Post a Comment